Peyson started swimming lessons this summer. I guess I can't remember what swimming lessons were like when I had them, but I didn't realize they don't actually teach you how to swim in the 1st or even 2nd session of lessons. But he got very comfortable in the water and that makes me happy and confident in his ability to learn when he gets there. The lessons were 45 minutes each, and of that 45 minutes at EVERY lesson, I'm sure Peyson spent at least 10 climbing out, running walking to the restroom, then running walking back to his class, and getting back in.
You've seen the signs.
This kid follows the rules! :)
After two sessions of lessons he felt like he didn't need water wings anymore. Ha! Sweet boy. . .you didn't actually learn how to swim :) His side-of-the-pool dives were pretty amazing belly flops. They made me giggle and cringe all at once.
He really loved doing his own thing without me there helping I think. And even in the hot Amarillo summers, he still came out of the pool in full on body shivers, with teeth chatters big enough to knock some out. But after two sessions he was a boy with no fear. And I was fine with that. . .so long as his water wing accessories were along for the ride.


No comments:
Post a Comment