How can it be his first day of Kindergarten?
Lets be honest...I've been counting down the days! And so has he. We've gone school shopping. We've gone to Kindergarten Roundup. We've met his teacher, Ms Chapman. We've lost a tooth. We've learned how to ride a bike. We've exhausted all efforts of mom teaching Peyson the alphabet...Peyson learning the alphabet from mom...and failing together. We've made each other completely crazy.
We. Are. Ready.
We all woke up with great anticipation and excitement, got ourselves ready, took 700 first day of school photos, and off to school we went, little sister tagging along. The kid was not scared. He put his things away for the day and never looked back. Big boy. I only cried a little as I walked back home. I didn't think I would today. And it wasn't because I didn't want to leave him all day. Because I definitely did! But my first baby is growing up. He is on to bigger and better things. He is excited. And I am already becoming the mom a little less needed.
Little Ainslee girl missed her brother all day long. When is Peyson coming home? I want to play with Peyson. She was not so excited about this day.
Finally we found him again. He played hard. He learned hard. And he was tired. So tired, he needed the stroller to get home more than the little lady :) She was happy to help.
I am excited for him and his new adventures. I'm excited to see him learn and be excited about it. I'm excited to see him make new friends and interact with others. I'm excited for him to grow. And I'm excited to be his biggest cheer leader! Happy First Day of Kindergarten!






No comments:
Post a Comment