I had the best day Saturday. Peyson and I had a wonderful morning of shopping, we grabbed some popcorn chicken for lunch, then he went down for a nap.
I was cleaning and listening to my new Celtic Christmas CD when my little neighbor girl, Hailey came to the door. She was delivering some of my magazine purchases for her school fund raiser. She asked when I would be able to cut her hair and I told her any time. So that meant RIGHT NOW. She tried to explain a "twirl" hair cut...I am still clueless...good thing she decided on something else. :) We chatted the whole time. It was fun. When I finished, she was just lingering...so I told her she was welcome to stay as long as she wanted, but that I had some cleaning to do. She told me she LOVED to clean the house...well...just not her house. (She's 10) So I had her wash her hands and she helped me with the dishes. She kept showering me and my belongings with compliments. I felt like my house was a castle. Then she wanted to see my room. Apparently I have a great room.
When there was no more cleaning to be done I asked her if she wanted to do nails. "Really?" So we did nails. Just like any 10 year old girl, she couldn't decide on one color, so what the heck? We used 5! One for each toe and her fingers matched. I painted nail art butterflies and flowers and she just loved it! I did too. To finish our fun afternoon we watched Jonas on the Disney Channel...for like 2 hours...it was a marathon.
While there is no doubt it was probably the funnest day she has had in awhile, I do believe it was more fun for me. Hailey got lots of pampering and lots of attention. But I got much more. I gained an innocent love for one of God's precious children. I gave my time to her and her happiness, and happiness is what I found in return.
You can't get anything better than the blessings of one selfless act of kindness. I didn't have to think about me, and all my struggles disappeared for a time. I had a fabulous day! I hope there are more to come.
1 comment:
What a cool day Laura. I'm sure Hailey Loved it! And I loved your comment on my blog about putting Peyson in the fountain to fish out the cash!
Post a Comment