Thursday, April 14, 2011
The Snow is Blue...and...That's Cow Poo
Now that life is somewhat normal, I have been trying to play more with Peyson. Just us. One on one. So one day last week I promised him that when daddy got home he could watch baby sister and we could go out and play in the snow. I always get so bored much sooner than he does so I had to get creative to pass the time away. I remembered when I was little and my mom was a primary leader, for our primary activity we made snow sculptures and "painted them" with koolaid. Well I HATE koolaid so we don't have any. So we used food coloring in water instead. I filled a pitcher with blue water and got a squirt bottle. We headed outside and the snow turned blue!
Such easy entertainment...he loved it! But of course the water ran out before he thought we should go inside...so we took a walk. What little boy doesn't LOVE puddles?
Usually I cringe at the sight of puddles and mud and the thought of the clean up...but he had snow clothes on...they are waterproof right?...and I take myself WAY too seriously and need to chill!...so I let him run in this really cool stream of water...

I thought it was pretty cool that the entire ground was covered in snow...except for this stream of water. Then as I watched Peyson run up and down over and over I watched it splash on the clean white snow...it was strangely much lighter than the mud in the first lone puddle. As we started walking back home I had him make snow angels to try to clean off some of the mess...and that is when I smelt it...memories from the past when I lived on dairy farms came back...that smell...awesome...I just let my kid run through a stream of cow poo! So much for being chill:) We went straight to the basement and put everything in the washer right away! Holy Moly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
too funny!! Love it Laura.
That is hilarious Laura!!
Post a Comment