Last night 5:00 rolled around. Derek was home! (Early for this rotation. . .Orthopedic Surgery) The menu said Navajo tacos. This is usually a meal Derek makes because I hate HATE making the scones. I don't know why. They are so delicious. I just dread that meal. So dinner kept getting put off and put off. We decided on pizza at 7:00. So I got Peyson ready and we jumped in the car. We grabbed some Little Caesars and some mugs at the corner gas station. Diet Mt Dew for the husband. Code Red for me (Peyson). Awesome eating habits we are teaching our children I know!
So we get home and everything inside. We plop down on the living room floor in front of the tv and whoops! That lid was not on all the way. You know. . .one of those stupid mugs with the snap lids that won't snap unless you are a super hero. I am not a super hero. So naturally, the soda comes spilling out all over the carpet. Code Red. On the carpet. Big mess. Good thing I still have my mom's carpet cleaner from when I borrowed it before I had Ainslee. Pulled it out and went to town. Then Peyson got in on the clean up. I love that 3 year olds ask to help CLEAN. Then Derek put some muscle into it. He is probably a super hero. I am not a super hero. Super heroes don't spill their soda on the floor. Because they can snap the lids on!
We decided to let the Woolite sit on it for a bit while we ate. It's that stuff for animal stains. No, we do not have a dog. Or a cat. But we do have a little boy who is potty training. It's basically the same thing. Anyway.
I think. . .I think the stain is gone. It's still wet so it's hard to say. But you know what? I wasn't so much upset about the massive reddish pinkish mess on the floor. I WAS mad. . .like real mad. . .that I didn't get to drink that deliciousness with my pizza.
Why why why do I crave junk food when I exercise? Like yesterday morning when I made no bake cookies and ate half the batch in about 10 minutes. . . Don't worry. . .I did Turbo Jam this morning. . .oh but wait. . .more no bake cookies for BrEaKfAsT! My muscles are still sore. . .that means it's still working right? Right? Oh. . . :)
2 comments:
Love your recent pictures! I am the same way when I exercise. Kinda defeats the point... but I'm going to be MUCH better after New Years! =)
Because you feel like you can splurge on calories when you work-out. I'm the same way and I'm a sucker for mt. dew. Oh the things that dang drink does to my mommy gut. :( Sounds like a fun night with the fam at any rate!
Post a Comment