Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Lights

Christmas lights are going up in our neighborhood.  And I feel like we are moving up in the world because we, my friends, have rockin lights too!  :)

I've never had outdoor lights ever.  And driving around looking at them is one of my favorite things to do.  Actually participating in the awesomeness is so much fun!

So in Amarillo there's this company who does fancy pants lights.  You can choose as many or as little as you feel like. . .in any color. . .or every color.  They measure every pitch exactly and the lights are equally spaced and facing the same direction.  Basically it looks perfect.  Well, we can't flip the fancy pants bill. . .so we just pretend :)
Derek used the fence to climb onto the roof.  He tried to let Peyson too, but Peyson had a conniption fit and came back down.  I guess it is pretty high for a little guy.  So Derek hung out over the edge and put the clips on the shingles and put the lights in the clips.  I stood on the ground watching him and handing him more lights and clips as needed.  We still liked each other when he was done.  :) 
AFTER he jumped down off the roof we plugged them in and found 4 bulbs weren't twisted tight so they weren't lit. I bribed Peyson with "dragons blood", normal people like to call it a slurpee. I told him if he could be brave and have Daddy lift him up to the roof and go twist the light bulbs I would get him the biggest size of dragon's blood they have. No conniption fits this time. He was all over it.

Ainslee wanted to help too. . .she was a little less "all over it." But still as cute as ever.

I guess getting on a steep roof is totally worth it.
Now we aren't the only house on our block without lights. Our neighbor is.

2 comments:

Lorinda said...

Beautiful! I love Christmas lights. (p.s. sounds like you need to invest in a ladder...hehe) :)

Brendon said...

Moving up in the world!!! We aren't. I figure our kids don't get it, so no need. :)

But someday we will move up in the world...maybe.

-Steph