When we moved to Amarillo I knew that if Peyson didn't have something to stimulate his mind he would be bored and we would all go crazy. When I checked into preschool before we moved all I could find was day care. So I stopped looking.When we got here and started meeting people, a friend asked if I was planning to get him into preschool and if I was I should do it NOW. So I looked up the ones she suggested and ultimately we just couldn't finance it.
The days went on a lot slower and were a lot longer. Peyson. . .was in fact. . .B. O. R. E. D. And I. . .was in fact. . .C. R. A. Z. Y.
And then some girls from our ward sent out an email to find interest in doing an at home, mommy taught, preschool. The heavens smiled down on me that day. And I smiled right back.
On Monday's and Wednesday from 10:00-12:00 Peyson has preschool. Each mom takes a week and teaches. Peyson has friends and his mind is stimulated. Mommy has time away from every day routines and one on one with little sister. Life is so much better :)
Today I was sick so I asked one of the other moms to come pick up Peyson for preschool. When she brought him home this is what she told me. Everything went fine until the last 10 minutes. There were swords and a full on fist fight and then everybody was crying. OH. MY. HECK. :) So here is the story according to Peyson.
P had a black sword. K had a blue sword. K hit P with his sword and P started crying. So I went and got K.
Me-k wait. . .how did you get K? What did you do?
I. . .I. . .I tackled him.
You tackled him???? Ok. . .then what happened?
Then K got me with the sword (I'm guessing this is where the fists were flying) and my glasses were in the grass (can you believe they didn't brake???). P's mom got them for me and when I put them on K kicked me on the leg. Then everybody was crying.
Is this what life is like with boys? :) After I stopped myself from laughing at the image of 3 little 4 year old boys having a back yard brawl, we talked about other options. Instead of tackling your friend to protect your other friend...maybe we could go get the mom on call??? Uh hu mom. . .and his attention is now on lunch.
I find it completely strange that I never freak out about these huge things, and use them as teaching opportunities. . .but I loose all control for the little stuff. What is wrong with this picture?
Anyway. . .preschool is still my little piece of heaven. And these 5 little boys are surely learning more than ABCs.

5 comments:
Oh my goodness that sounds awesome. We always talk to Noah about walking away and getting an adult and it seems to be sinking in. Life with boys will never be dull. Great job Peyson..I mean..nevermind.
Wow! That was amazingly accurate! :0)
That is hilarious! And terrible . . . I would be laughing too! Boys are crazy!
So so funny! Love that Mr. Peyson!
It's good for kids to learn to interact with each other~something they can only do by trial and error. That is the best thing, too~to talk it out with them, help them understand that they have different ways to respond to situations, that they can choose.
~Bethany
Post a Comment