Monday, November 5, 2012

A Passion

This is Mr. Peyson.  He is 4.  He is one crazy little boy!  From the second he wakes up, to the second his cute little face falls on that pillow he is 100% go go go!

It exhausts me.  He never stops.  His body moves.  His mouth moves.  His mind moves.  His emotions move.  Nothing stops. 

Just this week while I was pondering this little boy's life I came to one conclusion.  He is full of passion.  He has a passion for life and everything he can get his hands on to fill that life.

He has a passion to eat healthy...constantly asking if what he is eating is healthy.

He has a passion for eating goodies too...but he knows when to stop.

He has a passion for TV.  If it's not cartoons he has seen a bazillion times, it's movies he has checked out from the library at least a hundred times. 

He has a passion (an obsession) for super heroes.  Iron Man.  Spider Man.  Bat Man.  Hulk Smash.  Captain America.  Thor.  Wolverine.  Super Man.  It doesn't really matter...as long as they are super.

He has a passion for his sister.  He has a passion of chasing her, scaring her, tickling her, wrestling her, making her cry, making her giggle.  And sometimes he likes to share with her.

He has a passion for friends.  Every outing must be accompanied by at least one friend...even if that friend is made on the outing.

He has a passion for learning.  He asks a million questions a day until he understands things nearly perfectly.

He has a passion for animals.  He loves them all.  He knows what they eat.  Where they sleep.  How they sleep.   

He has a passion for moving.  Riding bikes.  Running.  Dancing.  Jumping.  All.  Day.  Long.

He has a passion for being silly.  Even when he should be quiet or reverent or sleeping...there is always room for silly.  Even right after mamma tells him to stop.  But there is no time to stop.

His passion carries his mind.  When an idea strikes his thoughts, he won't let go until the idea is complete.  And if it is not completed, his passion leads him to major freak outs!  He has a passion for whining :)

This kid wears his heart on his sleeve.  He is passionate about everything.  Maybe that is why he and I butt heads.  I often feel like I am floating...I don't really have passion for anything...but a small interest in many things.  And that interest is flighty, quick to move to the next thing.  Maybe I could learn a thing or two from this kid.  Maybe I could embrace his passion for life and love his crazy, instead of letting it drive me crazy. 

I love this kid.  So so much! 

1 comment:

Jon + Kat said...

It's something about this age of these boys! I just LOVE them! I think Peyson is such a cutie! We really do need to have him over to play! Teik would love it!