Monday, February 18, 2013

Birthday Boy

Peyson turned 5 last month.  It's kinda weird having a 5 year old.  But man am I excited for KINDERGARTEN!!!  :)
 
This kid is all things superhero.  He couldn't decide on one hero for the party so I asked him if we should just do all of them.  He was ok with that. 
 The week before his birthday, I realized I hadn't even thought about the party. I woke up in a bit of a panic and started googling for any and all ideas. I found a blog that had superhero masks and free templates to make them!
I made a pinata and instead of candy, I put the masks inside. This year the pinata was a pull string instead of the kind you beat with a bat :) That was a bit scary last year. . .
 
The pull string DIDN'T work. . .so I ended up just ripping the bottom out. . .but at least all the little kids got a turn!
We also played "Spiderman Tag" with silly string.  Major party fail!  I got the string from the $Store.  It was more of a fiz than a string.  Ainslee was screaming.  Another little sister was crying and crazy scared.  Half the boys couldn't even push the sprayer hard enough for it to work.  And the mess. . .oh the mess :)  Fun times.
 
I didn't have to worry about decorations.  When you have a bazillion superhero toys, they ARE your decorations.
The cake was not my favorite.  It was a lot cooler in my head.  Execution was not so great. 
But Peyson thought it was totally awesome. . .and it tasted like cake. . .so whatever.  I found the perfect tutorial for the perfect cake on pinterest. . .about a week late!  Oh well. . .the cupcakes were amazing, I know this, because there were left overs after the party. . .and I ate them all. . .at one
time. . .no guilt. . .yum!
 
I think the party was a success.  Peyson was totally spoiled.
 And he got two parties because Daddy had to work on his actual birthday. . .or rather sleep through it.  Nights are a pain!  But we made it work.
And I think he had a good time. . .
And if I have to see another superhero ANYTHING I might barf! :)
 
Happy Birthday Peyson Bug!
 
 
 

No comments: