Monday, March 16, 2009

Adventures of Being a Mom

Peyson is growing and learning more and more every day. We finally moved his crib into his own bedroom two nights ago. Let me share our adventures! Night one...he woke up at a quarter to 2. I went in to put him back to bed...45 minutes later I was ready for sleep, but he wasn't. So I put him in his crib and left. I thought I would try a new method of weening him off, that is, just letting him cry himself to sleep. It shouldn't take too long, right? Sixteen minutes later, I couldn't do it any longer. I went to his rescue, feeling just as sad as he did. After about an hour and a half he finally gave in to sleep. Night two...Peyson only woke up once, and only stayed up for 15 minutes. That is a good night. Morning came at about 7:30. I could hear him coughing and talking, he sounded happy. When he started "yelling" for me I went in to greet him. As I picked him up...keep in mind, I am not wearing my contacts or glasses so I can't see anything...I smell something not so pleasant. I look down and realize his diaper is off, laying in the crib. I examine a little closer and find a HUGE mess had happened...after the diaper came off! So I'm carrying Peyson at arms length, trying to find my glasses. Now that I can see, I come to find just how disgusting this morning has started out! It was ALL OVER the blankets, the railing, the pillow! I threw him in the tub, took off his shirt, since that's all he had left on. I let the water run and stuck him under the faucet. I let Derek clean him up while I cleaned up the bed. It went to the wash immediately, and though one cycle would have done the job, I didn't chance it and ran it twice. With all the excitement and disgust, all I could do was laugh...and try really hard to keep from losing anything that was in my tummy. Lesson learned?...put pants on your kid before you put them to bed! Peyson keeps us smiling and laughing, hope you all got a laugh or two.

2 comments:

Stefany said...

Oh my word!! That does not sound like fun at all!!! I hope the weening process gets a little smoother for you.

Ash and Joe said...

Didn't know you had a blog?! love it.