Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mr. Perfect

My whole life I have been the worst person to handle any amount of pain whatsoever. My pain tolerance is below the scale. So this weekend when I woke up sick, things weren't so pleasant. Derek has bean busy busy with school, as always...and, well, mom's never get time off. We don't get to call in sick, we can't stay home from work when we don't feel well. (Don't worry, I absolutely love my mommy job...the cooking, the cleaning, yes, the cleaning, and most of all the kiddo!) But nonetheless, our job is always there whether we are feeling it or not.
Last Thursday I wished this wasn't so. I was super sick. Peyson really wanted to play and I really wanted to sleep. The day was very rough. I was not supposed to be sick...Derek was going to have a three day weekend and we were going to do something fun! Those plans changed when Friday morning came around and I could barely get myself out of bed. Body aches, sore throat, and major head spells made reservations with me for the weekend. Playing mom for the day was not happening.
This is where my Mr. Perfect came in. Remember that 3 day weekend? That's right, Derek spent it caring for a ridiculously helpless wife, playing all day everyday with his cute little baby boy(total pay off), and squeezing in all the house chores that don't ever go away.
I missed out on a potentially awesome weekend, enjoying my weekend with what I later found out to be strep! I had no idea what Monday would bring when Derek had to go back to school, but luckily I got into the doctor and got some amazing meds that have totally made my day!
I am feeling much better now. I got to play with Peyson today...I missed him a ton. And I got to clean the house, which I truthfully missed doing. But if it weren't for my amazing husband, Peyson would have been neglected, the house would have been a huge disaster...not so fun to clean, and me, well, who knows what would have happened to me. Derek is the best daddy, husband, and house wife, and that is what makes him my Mr. Perfect. I love you babe!

1 comment:

SAA Historian said...

I am sorry you have been sick. That is no fun at all. I hope you get feeling better.

I am trying to set up the SAA Blog and I remembered that you cut hair. I can not however find your phone number. People will need a way to contact you. E-mail me at historian.SAA (at) Gmail (dot) com and I will get you up on the blog. Thanks!