Dear Potty Training,
You've got me stumped. I have no idea how to tackle you! I'm intimidated by the messes, the clean up, the patience it will most definitely take, and I have no idea how to start???
Love, Me
Today is the day I attempted to start potty training Peyson. We bought some "Cars" underwear to get him excited. After lunch we tried them on. 20 minutes later we went to the potty. Nothing. Not even 10 minutes later I was putting the plastic sheet on the bed and oops...our first mess. I turned round to see Peyson watching it trickle down his leg:)
Hmm...that was fun. So I put a diaper back on and put him down for a nap. I'm hoping he will be an angel child and catch on this week...it could happen right? I can see it now...no more diapers...no more messes...
I'm all about instant results...exercising to lose weight...magic cream to clear up my face...none of them work obviously, but here's to hoping this time:)
3 comments:
oh girl. I am sorry and so not excited to start this with Bostyn either. I did read a really good book that makes me feel better prepared. It's called "Toilet Training in Less Than A Day" by Richard Foxx. Maybe the miracle WILL happen for you, don't give up hope! I'm glad you like your new home too!
One trick is to just take them at specific intervals. I bought Kennadee a potty watch. You can set it to go off every 30, 60, or 90 minutes. It helps them remember to go on there own.
Here's a link for it:
http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=534066&cmSource=Search
I really like this website it's got a ton of great stuff for making life easier.
My other suggestion is to make sure that you're BOTH ready. Sometimes we feel like we have to hurry at a certain age but it may be too early for them and it may not be the right time for you.
I was told by pretty much every mom with a boy not to even worry about it until they are 3. We just got Noah excited about the toilet and flushing the toilet and washing hands. I ask him if he wants to go right when he wakes up and any time I'm about to change his diaper. Dr. Ionas said to just get them on a schedule first, so that's all I'm striving for. Good luck! I hope for you that it works...I'm just not that ambitious.
Post a Comment