Monday, September 20, 2010

FAT Baby

Today was my second baby doctor appointment. I checked in and waited. The nurse called me back and checked my blood pressure. Then I stepped on the scale. HOLY MOLY! Can I just tell you I am FAT?!?!?!?!?!?! Total weight gain and counting...at 16 weeks...I have gained 12 pounds. What the crap? At this rate I am set to gain...almost 54 pounds!!! Oh my heck. Ok well anyway, it's going to be real fun trying to lose all that. Eeeek!
AnYwAy...
The nurse checked the baby's heart beat. Totally thought the doctor would do that so I was a little confused. But it was fine. Well, that is...when she finally found it. She was just too high on my (very round) tummy, so it was taking forever. I was getting nervous, holding my breath. She finally found it and I smiled and could breath again. It sounded good.
I really like my doctor...but it seems like anymore the nurses do all the work and the doctor comes in for questions. So he wasn't there for long, but he is really good at making everything comfortable and open and he acts like he actually cares about me as a person and not just some other patient. I know I am in good hands.
So that's the haps here. Time to start walking more and eating less:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh girly...i feel you on the weight gain. 31 weeks and 40 lbs heavier.. yikes! I am really nervous for the final tally. Do you go to the women's center out there? Who is your doc?