Thursday, September 16, 2010

Re-Living The Glory Days

So I play church volleyball. It's been about 4 weeks since the season started. I didn't have high expectations...you know...a bunch of older(and what I mean by older is "not my high school body" older) out of shape ladies with little to no experience. Yes, a 24 year old body is considered older. I sure don't move like I used to. And no experience equals "I didn't play in high school." Anyway. Nobody shows up on time so it was looking like we would only have 4 players. We called around and anyway...bla bla bla...started playing with 5. We lost the first game by 3...but our 6th player showed up, rushed from a lacrosse game, wearing sandals so she played bare foot! Super trooper! But man she showed up just in time. The next game we smoked 'em 25-4. That's right:) I'm just a little competitive! The last game we were totally winning but let them almost win. Then we showed them...and barely won by 2...16-14. Sheesh it was close. SO MuCh FuN!

Just gotta brag a little...because I usually don't get to...they put a setter right by me because I can hit:) And man did I hit. Thanks to the setter of course...I haven't felt that good in years. It was awesome! And they stroked my ego by adding that I was so amazing to play pregnant. I felt pretty cool.

Anyway...such a fun night! Loved every minute of it. Can't wait for next week!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

You go Laura!!! How FUN!!

Stephanie said...

What a fun thing to do to get to know people! Maybe I should start a ward/stake ladies vball night. And, YES, you CAN hit!!! (And I'm sure all the better on a girls-height net....miss those days.)

As to your comment on facebook, YES--we do need to be neighbors again. I wrote an email to Carrie yesterday saying I miss chatting with you & her whenever/all the time the most. So...CA for residency???? :) It would be fun!
(I liked what Melanie Chambers said about rotations on the myfamily site: something like they wish they would've gotten all their friends to put the same place because it really doesn't matter too much where you go, but it would be easier to know people.)

PS - Love your bio under your family pic.