This post warrants a really really really big sigh!
So.........SIGH!!!!
Ok...now that that's over with, here we go.
So we are all ready to go out on errands and head out to the garage to get in the car. Funny thing, the garage door is frozen shut. Imagine me, squatting down over my belly pulling with all my might with no success. What do you do when your manual garage door won't open? Well, you grab the snow shovel and beat the poo out of the gravel under the doors edge until it's clear. Then you squat down one more time, and with all your might, heave and ho until it opens. I'm sure it was quite a sight:)
While on errands, Peyson was very well behaved. I was very impressed. He thinks he is big enough to walk now instead of riding in the cart. I gave it a shot and he was so good. When we were done shopping we went to the library...Peyson's favorite place. We picked out books, movies, and a puppet. It was my turn to find a book, I was on the phone with my mom and right as I picked the book off the shelf, Peyson disappeared. So I hung up and went to find him. Just on the other side of the book shelf where I was, I found him, behind a desk, spraying Goo Be Gone ALL. OVER! I peaked over the desk to see what damage was done...and damage there was. We went to the bathroom to get some paper towels, and when I got back to clean up his fun, I found the extent of his masterpiece. It would be easier to list what didn't get sprayed. He got what looked like a brand new book, opened to somewhere in the middle. He got the phone and the stack of sticky notes next to it. He got the nice leather chair and the keyboard. And guess what else? The computer monitor. Ya...the computer monitor. I sat him in the chair out of his path of destruction and in my sight so he couldn't make matters worse. I started wiping up the oily mess hoping nothing was ruined. The women who occupies this desk came and started cleaning as well. I began apologizing profusely until it sounded stupid and meaningless. When all that could be done was done, I made Peyson say sorry too. I don't think he understood that what he did was bad until I made him say sorry. I left my name and number in case anything needed replaced.
Lets just say I may or may not be replacing a computer monitor.
As we walked out to the car I explained to him that what he did was very naughty and that if he couldn't be a good boy at the library we couldn't go anymore and that he was not allowed to touch things that weren't his. He knew he was in trouble. As I was strapping him into his car seat, I looked down at him and saw him looking up at me with his "I'm really cute, please don't be mad" smile. That always gets me, but I told him that wasn't going to work this time. He said ok and kept smiling at me. I hate that! It's really hard to be mad at that face!
It's just a computer right? But a computer we can't afford...hmph. I sure hope her call never comes!
No comments:
Post a Comment