You know on TV when people are fighting with a decision in their head between right and wrong but aren't sure what to do, then poof, an angel and a devil appear on each shoulder? I feel like that is happening to me a lot. But with everything. Not just big decisions or life and death situations, or even right and wrong. Just basically every thought that pops into my head. A great thought will arrive in all its angelic heavenly glory...wings and halo included...then the contemplation or rationalization or justification begins accompanied by the little red devil with horns and a tail.
I should take treats to the neighbors just because:)
They won't taste good anyway, and that would require you to get off your bum and make them:(
You should go visit (name withheld), she is sick and not feeling well, probably lonely:)
You would have to take Peyson, which would be a nightmare, or find somebody to watch Peyson...put somebody else out...plus its hard to communicate with (name withheld) anyway and you would be there for hours:(
You should do something sweet for Derek just because:)
Maybe he should do the dishes or clean the bathroom or rub my back!:(
I should add her/him as a friend on facebook to stay in touch:)
Who wants to be friends with you? They will only accept the friend request because they might see you in public and don't want to seem rude:(
Your back hurts A LOT! Maybe you should ask for a blessing:)
Will that really make it any better? Maybe for a second...till I fall asleep:( (seriously...where is my faith on this one?)
You should read to Peyson:)
He's watching a movie right now...don't bug him...you don't feel good anyway...you are off the hook:(
You should do the laundry so you have something cute to wear:)
Eh...I'll just wear my sweats all day, and go nowhere, and hope nobody comes to the door:(
So you see...these are silly little experiences in my every day life that don't have a lot of weight on the outcome. Most of them would benefit somebody else with little expense to me. But even when it will benefit me and only me, I still go through the process. And while these really good ideas pop into my head all day long, sadly, most go unanswered and vanish from my thoughts altogether.
Why is it so easy to allow the little red devil to influence our decisions in such a big way? Why do we allow her to sit on our shoulder anyway? Why don't we act on ideas, PROMPTINGS, when they first enter our thoughts? We all have room to improve...so why do we leave so much room for idle living and selfish activities?
1 comment:
In response to your comment on my blog...
No, I was not making any announcements. We just thought those names were hilarious! They were for jokes. You, on the other hand, only have 85 more days to go I see! Woot Woot!
Post a Comment