We moved in to an amazing neighborhood! Jam packed with amazing people and super fun traditions. They started a tradition long before we arrived, we were lucky to be invited.
At Christmas time they have a caroling party...everybody bakes yummy cookies and everybody piles on the flat bed trailer. They pick a route in the ward and off they go, singing and delivering cookies. But that's not all. When all the cookies are gone the party continues at the Falslev home with snacks and hot cocoa. The kids are banished to the basement or upstairs, while the adults join in a game of Spoons! And trust me, being banished is the safest, see the adult game is much like a war zone...not safe for children...or the adults really. It gets pretty feisty. But way too much fun!
So while the kids are entertaining their selves, and totally being neglected:) the adults are battling it out, head butts, cuts and bruises, breaking fingers and spoons, ripping cards and lots of laughing, all in the name of J-O-Y.
The pictures don't portray the intensity. You would have to be there at this particular game to understand. I mean seriously, they have a trophy!
See? The passing of the trophy:)
So obviously I didn't win. It was interesting to play with my big belly, and most likely, if I wasn't sitting next to my sweet Derek who would occasionally flip a spoon my way, I probably would have been J-O-Y(ed) out much sooner than the top 5. But I did hold my own at least half the time:) I had to sit sideways, it was the only way I could reach the middle where the spoons were. My hip was cramping after a while but it didn't stop me from trying.
It would have been cool for the pregnant girl to win, but it just didn't happen:) It's ok though. I can't remember the last time we had so much fun, without kids, with lots of really cool people! And I didn't go into labor:)
No comments:
Post a Comment