And so to keep his happy dentist visit experience, they did it all at once under general anesthesia so he wouldn't remember. Isn't he cute in that hospital garb? We talked about what he would have to do on the day of his surgery and he wasn't about to go without mommy. I was worried about that...but daddy gave him the good old iphone and off he went, never looking back. Super stud.Wednesday, June 22, 2011
A New Smile
I'm not sure how you can go from perfect teeth at a 2 year check up to horrid teeth in about 6 months...but Peyson won that prize. I new it was bad when I was brushing his teeth one night and what I thought was fruit snacks wasn't coming off...and his front tooth started chipping...but not 16 teeth bad. Yep...16 teeth. Did you know there are only 20 in his mouth? That means only 4 were still healthy and untouched.
And so to keep his happy dentist visit experience, they did it all at once under general anesthesia so he wouldn't remember. Isn't he cute in that hospital garb? We talked about what he would have to do on the day of his surgery and he wasn't about to go without mommy. I was worried about that...but daddy gave him the good old iphone and off he went, never looking back. Super stud.
Waking up was not so pleasant. But it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. As soon as he saw his arm wrapped he pulled the iv out. Total freak out:) But as soon as we got to go home it was smooth sailing. We snuggled on the couch and watched Scooby Doo (I hate Scooby Doo!). And this kid loves pain medicine(what kid loves pain medicine?) so he was asking for it when his mouth was hurting. That made things easy.
And now his mouth is healed and he has a new smile...and hopefully no more major surgery ever...ever. Did I mention he now eats like a pig?
And so to keep his happy dentist visit experience, they did it all at once under general anesthesia so he wouldn't remember. Isn't he cute in that hospital garb? We talked about what he would have to do on the day of his surgery and he wasn't about to go without mommy. I was worried about that...but daddy gave him the good old iphone and off he went, never looking back. Super stud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment