Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What's Camping Without a Computer?

So Derek went to Scout Camp today and will be gone for two nights. You can imagine what a 3 year old wants to do when Daddy gets to camp. Yep...he wants to camp too. Going with is not an option...so we did the next best thing...camp in the back yard.

We had a BBQ with friends from Kirksville tonight so when we got home and bathed and ready for bed we set up the tent. (not so much fun for one person btw!) Of all moments the wind decided to up and start blowing as soon as I got the poles in...welp...there went the tent. There I go chasing after it. Peyson is running around with the other poles for the top thingy hitting the light post and whatever else. Ainslee is screaming bloody murder for food and sleep.

I pull it back to my flat location and try again...using the small poles for the top thingy. More wind...crazy wind...wham...fling...wack...stupid pole pops out of the holes and slaps me on the belly. Nice welt for sure. Ouch! The other one broke! Bust! And there goes the tent again. And there I go after it...again. So I pulled it behind the house more so the wind could only blow it into the house...where the huge hole was dug to fix the water pipe leak...very bumpy...not so nice on the back...only for the wind to stop completely. Whatever...it's staying put!

Then my fingers start burning like...like...insulation? I take a look and they are shiny...what? Did I touch a plant? No. What is this? Fiber glass? FIBER GLASS! Stupid broken pole. Stupid wind. Stupid tent. Stupid...stupid.

Baby is still crying...Peyson is finding food to nibble...and his blanky...and pillow. I'm trying to get bedding in. We finally settle in and everything is calm and then...

mommy...I don't want to make a tent.
it's already made.
I don't want to sleep in it.
why?
I want to sleep in my home.
well...mommy just set up the tent and is kinda grumpy that it hurt me and broke...and we are all ready for bed in it so we are GOING TO SLEEP IN IT!
ok...zzzzzzzz

And so what am I to do? Well I still need my me time...whether I am in a tent or not...so...blog it is...what? It's only 10:17. I can think of a million things I could be doing that I usually would do after kids are asleep and husband is gone...but I can't just leave them out here all alone...

No comments: