We all have them...right? Those times where you wonder who gave you permission to put the life of another in your care...and wonder if the permission should be revoked? Ya...it happened a lot today:)
We went to the park and there were some awesome tractor toys that somebody else brought but wasn't playing with. So Peyson had some fun. Then...the little boy came over and was like...HEY...THOSE ARE MIIIIIINE! Peyson was like ok...whatev. So they just sat there while the kids played hide and seek. Peyson was helping the little boy who had to seek and he's all...you awent paying wiff me. So Peyson goes back to the tractors for a bit till the kids decide they really do want to play with them after all. They just walk up and take their toys away and totally butt him out. So he goes up to them and just watches. One of the boys wanted to play on the slide so he asks who wanted to play with him and no one did. So he asks who wants to play tractors and Peyson is like...MEEEEE:) So he asks really cute...can I help? The tractor kid is like...can he play...should we let him play? I'm just sitting there observing, totally heart broken that these kids don't think my baby boy is as totally awesome as I think he is. I mean seriously...how dare they want to play with their own toys that they brought to the park to play with and not share with some stranger kid they don't know and have never seen before and probably won't see again? :) I know right? (I did explain to Peyson that they were their toys and if they didn't want to share with him they didn't have to. After all, I wouldn't expect him to share his favorite toys with some kid he didn't know. I wouldn't. But I would expect him to be nice)
And then...when we got home...guess who had a bright cherry red sunburn? Yep...Peyson. I am such an awesome mom sometimes! We just slapped some aloe on...he should be fine. And next time we will remember the sunscreen. Cuz I totally didn't say that last time we spent too much time in the sun...and Derek totally didn't ask if we needed it before we left...and I totally didn't say...oh we'll be fine... :/
Ok! So Derek was making dinner and I was finishing feeding Ainslee. I put her in the boppy on the couch like I always do and went to the bathroom. She was mad and fussy because it was bath time. But then the screams...like...help me...I tipped over...and then the flop...and then the wailing...guess who just did a summer salt off the couch? Yep...Ainslee. She is starting to want to sit up by herself, so the couch is no longer a safe place to leave her alone...even for a second. Good thing I know now...and not before she made her first gymnastics debut. She yelled at me for at least 5 minutes. And she laid her head on my shoulder while she did so. It was SO...SAD!
Next is bath time. My kids LOVE bath time. And they bath together. So we are having a great time splashin in the water. I use a cup to poor water on baby girl's belly so she stays warm...and oops...splash right in her face...mouth...nose...eyes...hmm. She is freaking out...holding her breath and blinking hysterically until it works its way out. Then she lets me have it again. SO not cool mom.
I think mommy needs a break from the kids for tonight. I'm not always so reckless. Sheesh it makes you feel awful when silly things that just happen happen because of you. So ya...I had a good share of crappy mommy moments for the day. But tomorrow will be better:)
2 comments:
Reckless? I don't think so...just normal stuff that happens to everyone. All the time. Your children are still alive and still love you. You're good!
Laura. I love your posts! The baby always has to fall off the bed/couch one time in order for you to know that it is not a safe place for them anymore....right?
Post a Comment