Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Week Before He's Gone

Derek is on his way to Michigan for out rotations. The thought is very gloomy. If I can stay busy, if I can keep us busy, we will be ok. I would have liked our week before he left to be a little less busy...no board study...no boards...and more us time. So we used as much available time as we had to enjoy each other before our ridiculously long stay away.

While Derek was spitting out way too much information that some how fits into his head...to prove he is smart...for 8 hours...we played with Stephanie and Henry. That is always a good time...always therapy...always a pick me up!

A fishing trip with Great Grandpa Walt and Grandpa Joel is always a good time. Well...that's what they say...I'm so not into the whole fishing all. day. long. thing...but the guys have a ball.







And guess who got a tooth?


Our last two nights together were spent waiting for dark to come so we could do a little bit of this...







Our days will be long...lots of tears will fall...mamma's knees will be worn rugged...but some how we do what we have to do. Only through miracles and the grace of God's love and comfort.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Thinking of you every day during these next couple months. Hugs!