Monday, July 11, 2011

An Emotional Mess

This morning I woke up to "mommy...i bwoke the west of the chain...so dawin can come today!"

Back up: Peyson loves his uncle Dallin. And it is the end of the world when we have to say good bye. And so last time we left him we had to make a chain of the days until we would see him again.

And so now that the chain is all gone...Dallin can come right? That makes it time for him to come right? Unfortunately a 3 year old cannot grasp the sense of time.

So when I told him, no, Dallin would not be coming today and no, don't open the curtains because you will not see him, it was tear city for the next 15 minutes straight. And then he came to me with his sad little face and his little blanket and I held him for the next 10 minutes. And then another outbreak came. So...we drew a picture and wrote a little note and sent it in the mail.



Then we got a picture text from Grandma...guess who else is excited to see Peyson? Guess who else made a chain? And so for the rest of the morning Peyson carried around my phone looking at his uncle and his chain. He kept asking...is it still 8 more days? Mommy, is it still 8 more days or no? Mommy is it 8 days still? And then that wasn't enough. More "i need my dawin...!" FOR! REAL! This momma can only be sympathetic for so long (3 hours is fair right?). Then it is just ridiculous! So I sent him to his room. Just last night I had to tape a picture of Dallin to his wall by his bed so he could go to sleep not being so lonely. He went and cried a little while longer...then crying turned to singing or something like it...then I realized I couldn't hear anything. So I went in to check on him and this is what I found.

Poor kid looking at his Dallin until he fell asleep. Not even noon!

Poor kid. Poor kid.

3 comments:

Stefany said...

Poor little Peyson....Corbin has those emotional days too. Ok its an ongoing thing but hopefully he will grow out of it. By the way Ainslee is so stinkin cute...I can't believe she already has a tooth! That seems so fast!

Stephanie said...

That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sweet. So cute that both of them have a paper chain and write letters to each other.

You are a good mom to think of doing all of that.

Nat-a-baby said...

Laura,

Yes, the family that we went boating with are the Aulds. They moved into the ward a year ago and Wade is the head football coach in Unionville. They are a hoot!

Thanks for commenting on the blog! It's fun to see how cute your kids are growing on your blog.