Monday, July 25, 2011

Can You Say Nap Time?

Today was a bad day with the potential to be an amazing day. We headed to the 24th of July parade. Fun right? Right! But then we get there and the house we stopped in front of had this little Big Wheel and Peyson thought he should be able to play with it. NOPE. Sorry. Then since he can't listen well he has to come sit down. But darn...the ground is hard so he doesn't want to sit. So where can he lay? Sorry dude...no blankets...no such thing as soft sidewalk...just deal. Then "I want the parade...where is the parade? I don't see it..." HOLY MOLY! Just chill! Then this kid has no idea what to do when candy is being thrown at him. When it is sitting at his feet he just looks down and stares...but when only on piece comes flying and the kid next to us gets it first it is, of course, the end of the world.

After the parade we went to the park for some fun games. There were lines of course and this 3 year old...especially MY 3 year old does not know patience! More whining. Boy oh Boy!

And oh...do not tell him it is time to go home because all. the. way. home. I will hear how much he does not want to go home. Then that he wants to BE home. Then can I ride on the stroller? No. More whining. Boy oh Boy! Can we say nap time?

But then as we are nearing the last corner to home, our super cool friend stops and invites Peyson to her daughters birthday party. Fun right? Right! It will be during nap time but I am thinking sending him there for 2 hours sounds better than fighting him to take a nap. So of course he is going.

So we get home with an hour until the party and remember this patient kid? Ya...not cool that he can't go THIS VERY MINUTE! So I ask him a thousand times if he wants a sandwich for lunch. No...I'm not hungry. No I don't want food. I want to go to the party!!! Oh wait...you didn't make me lunch? I want lunch! Oh ok...cuz you just told me repeatedly that you didn't want lunch! Fine...eat this stupid sandwich!

Those two hours were heavenly. Shopping...without my major pain of the day...nuff said. Then it's time to pick up the little devil and guess what...let me slide one more time...oh one more time again...oh wait...again and again and again. LET'S GO ALREADY!

He finally crashes during a movie with popcorn...but when he wakes up...and his movie is shut off because he fell asleep...freak out. Of course. But now it is time for dinner and then a bath and then bed. More freak out. I don't want dinner. I'm not hungry. Oh what? Ainslee just fell asleep after an afternoon of cranky teething? Oh you WANT me to cry so loud it wakes her up? No I don't want to cry in my room. I want to cry where the whole wide world can hear me. Oh wait...am I supposed to go potty in the toilet? Because I didn't. Ya...now will you change me? Because I know you love to clean up potty messes. I know you do!

Can I throw him out the window? Just kidding...kinda...

Our one moment of calm was Family Home Evening. I'm glad I went through with that tonight. But wait...the crazy picked up as soon as it was over. Why do I have to brush my teeth? I don't want to brush my teeth! Oh because remember you just had 16 teeth capped? Ya...you don't need to ruin your fake teeth! We are brushing your stinkin teeth! Then story and prayers and a song and the end. FINALLY!

I had to go for a walk to calm the boil in my blood. I wasn't quite ready to come back when I did...but at least the kids were in bed. I did some cleaning to easy my mind. I think I am ready for bed...and maybe tomorrow will be a better day. And for sure...we will all be having a NAP because darn it...nobody is happy without one!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh jeez. I totally can relate to that whole scenario. So sorry it was your day of torture. I have learned that nap times are a complete must. There is no question in my mind anymore. Every mother needs that break during the day to regroup!

Stefany said...

We have days like that ALL THE TIME!! I am so glad my child is not the only one who refuses to listen....ah naptime....and bedtime...the best time of day! We need to get together when we get back to Utah....meet up somewhere??? We will be sure to plan around naptime:)