I'm feeling a little blue. The world is not right when your best friend is away for so long. Michigan I hate you. Some day I might love you. But for now I hate you. You get to have my husband for far too long and it is just not fair!
I can't tell you how much kindness has been given to me while Derek has been away. People are constantly asking how I am doing, how my kids are, asking if they can watch them for me, visiting, going to lunch, with understanding in their eyes, wanting to help in any way possible. I have never had so much love shown to me ever. Not even with bringing home a newborn. And I can't even say how much it means to me. I have been so blessed.
Yet in the midst of all these angelic beings, plain and simple, I miss my husband. Nothing can take place of his absence. And while I am surviving by staying crazy busy with a new calling and visits to everywhere and accepting any offer of any kind from anybody who gives it, the second I rest I just have to cry. He isn't here. I need him to be here. I don't want to feel alone anymore. I don't want to be alone anymore. I just want him to be home. I need him to be home.
We have made it half way. 5 weeks gone by. 5 more to go. I am starting to feel week. So down. I just need my honey home.
3 comments:
Hang in there. I don't blame you for your emotions-its not right that moms be alone. We are supposed to have a good man by our side. I hope time passes quickly so you can have yours back. =)
You are a trooper. A true trooper. Half way is a long way. It continues to amaze me how much this medical school experience helps me appreciate my hubby. Let's hope we never forget these times when we would do anything to be together.
11 days till a fun trip!
I completely understand. Hang in there!
Post a Comment