Monday, July 18, 2011

People Are Good

In our world today, it seems Satan's influence is much more prevalent than that of our Father in Heaven. The news is mostly made up of sad, disturbing crimes and heart ache. Even within our selves evil surfaces all too often. At times we allow ourselves to become offended or hurt. But it is really a wasted emotion because we don't know motives behind situations or good intentions that get left behind. But when we spend our time placing judgement on others we don't have time to even look for the good. We can't see anything other than what we want to see. And most of the time what we want to see is not the full story...it is not the truth. Our eyes are clouded by Satan's power, making it that much stronger. Allowing it to take over our lives, our thoughts, our feelings.

In my world...my teeny tiny world...I understand that reality. I have lived it, just like anybody else. The influences of evil are everywhere. But aside from bad decisions and heart breaking consequences, under all that, people are good. People are GOOD!

In my world, God's angels are everywhere. My prayers are answered through the actions of others. In this trying time, me playing the role of a single mother, my husband far too many miles away for far too long, God's angels are taking care of me. They are in a phone call from a friend, a message from a kind and thoughtful cousin, neighbors, neighbor's children(friends!), people I see at church but don't know well, people willing to serve. People, living worthy for the Spirit's presence in their lives, people listening to the Spirit's promptings, but not just listening, acting. People...just people...people being good, doing good. Amid life's chaos, schedules and vacations and responsibility and the well being of their own families, they are making sure I am ok. They are serving me and my children. And they are serving with smiles and love and kindness. Angels. People.

There is still good in this world. And good is everywhere. When we are too busy judging we are too busy to love. But when we give the benefit of the doubt, we see good. I am trying harder to see through loving eyes. I pray that my efforts can be as big a blessing to others as others' efforts have been a blessing to me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good thoughts, as always. I'm glad you are being taken care of right now. You are definitely one that deserves it.

Angie said...

I love you Laura :)

Anonymous said...

I think the news tends to report more bad news because it's more interesting to most people. I think it's in our human nature to be obsessed with bad stuff, because being aware of it is a way of protecting ourselves from danger, for surviving.

Certain things were never talked about before and are now, so it seems that there's more of it, when it always has been.

I think our weather, as a globe, is worsening, but that civilization (especially through religion, democracy and technology) is the best it ever has been. I'm glad I live now rather than even the 50s.

~Bethany