Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Secret Santa

On the evening of December 21st we heard a knock on the door. Actually it was more like a pounding. I was in a grumpy mood, rushing around, trying to get things cleaned and packed for our Christmas vaca to the cold and bitter Wyoming, while Derek lay on the couch (probably sleeping) with Ainslee, and Peyson watched movies on the iphone. Of course I had to answer the door because I had to do everything else (very grumpy mood). When I opened the door, nobody was there. I looked down and saw two gifts and a frozen turkey. I looked around and said something like "what the crap?" I brought everything in and put the turkey in the freezer. The gifts were labeled Peyson and Ainslee.

My mood immediately changed. We let Peyson open his gift. It was a remote control police car. He had no idea how to drive it but he still thought it was the greatest thing ever. After I watched his eyes light up and heard laughter fill the air I opened the gift for Ainslee. I found a beautiful Christmas dress and couldn't help but smile! I have no idea who our Secret Santa was. But they came to my rescue. They lifted my spirit and reminded me of the love that should be given each and every day. We are so blessed. God is watching and angels are everywhere.

No comments: