Before Christmas I started the process of planning Peyson's birthday. At this point he was completely obsessed with Batman. One day it just made sense to have a Batman party. He thought it was a great idea so we did it.
We invited 8 boys from our ward. That is a lot of chaos. But they all had fun so the two hours of insanity was worth it I think.
We played pin the bat on the moon. We had a balloon stomp. We had a pinata. . .the kind you beat with a bat (I made it. . .Derek helped some. . .and informed me that it was a complete waste of time:) Whatever. . .it was fun for me). The boys had fun with that. It went through all the boys twice. . .without the blindfold. . .it just wouldn't break. We had cupcakes. They pulled all the balloons from the ceiling and popped them all too. Then as parents were coming to pick up kids they played Batman Batman Robbin (duck duck goose).
After the party, we took Peyson to McDonald's for dinner and he played in the play place for awhile, but was more excited to go home to open presents from Grandmas:)It was a really fun day (after the party. . . 4 year olds don't understand time. . .and if it isn't RIGHT NOW. . .it doesn't work. the morning was rough). I can't believe this time next year I will be thinking about KINDERGARTEN!!!!
2 comments:
Looks like you did a fantastic job on the party. I like the pinata idea too : )
P.S. I am passing a blog award I recieved on to you : ) All the details are in my latest post.
Post a Comment