Monday, February 13, 2012

Daddy's Girl


From day one this little lady has been in love with her daddy. They snuggle at nap time when Daddy is home. They snuggle at bed time. And sometimes she won't even eat from me. Only Daddy will do.

Ainslee hasn't had her morning nap today. She thinks she is big enough to skip it. Some days I don't care. Anyway, I was in the kitchen and Peyson yelled from the living room to come see something. So I went in and she was laying on her blanket on the floor with the bottle in her mouth and he was rubbing her head. It was adorable. Then she saw me and smiled real big. Also very adorable. So I thought maybe she would like to snuggle to nap. NO WAY!

I'm not her daddy. I will not do. Mostly always. Even when she was sick all of last week she wanted him and him only. I am the nurturer here! Snuggling is my job. She doesn't think so. I absolutely LOVE her being a daddy's girl and having him wrapped around her finger. I dreamed that would happen as soon as we found out she was a girl. But this momma is feeling left out:)

When Daddy is gone at bed time I will do. Only then, she settles. And Peyson prefers mom. So I get some snuggles. But there is nothing more precious than those sweet little mushy baby snuggles.

No comments: