Man. I'm kinda so sick of moving. I've done it all my life and it's totally getting lame. I think my total moving count is close to 20 if not more. And now that I have to orchestrate these moves I'm so over it. It's a little sickening to know we aren't done.
We were driving down the road today and I had a little anxiety attack just thinking about having to do it again. . .and that's 4 years down the road. This will be our longest stay anywhere since we've been married. And only one other stay in my life has been longer. 5 years is the record to beat. I'll be excited when that day comes. No more moving. No more packing. No more driving across the country just to drive back across the country again in a few years. No more saying goodbye to the people and places that have become our home. No more awkward friend making processes.
Yep, totally over it.
In 2010 we came to Logan, Utah. It was probably the hardest adjustment for me. But as soon as I felt at home, it was time to leave. A cruel reality for sure.
On May 30th we brought the big yellow truck to our house and loaded up all our stuff. So much stuff. Why do we have so much stuff?

We left our home, our friends, our normal to come to a new, empty, unknown, just to do it all over again.
Here it is. Our fancy pants brand spankin new house. We really do love it. We are mostly settled in. All that's left is that stuff you wonder why you have but can't throw away because you might need it stuff.
We were driving down the road today and I had a little anxiety attack just thinking about having to do it again. . .and that's 4 years down the road. This will be our longest stay anywhere since we've been married. And only one other stay in my life has been longer. 5 years is the record to beat. I'll be excited when that day comes. No more moving. No more packing. No more driving across the country just to drive back across the country again in a few years. No more saying goodbye to the people and places that have become our home. No more awkward friend making processes.
Yep, totally over it.
In 2010 we came to Logan, Utah. It was probably the hardest adjustment for me. But as soon as I felt at home, it was time to leave. A cruel reality for sure.
On May 30th we brought the big yellow truck to our house and loaded up all our stuff. So much stuff. Why do we have so much stuff?

We left our home, our friends, our normal to come to a new, empty, unknown, just to do it all over again.
Here it is. Our fancy pants brand spankin new house. We really do love it. We are mostly settled in. All that's left is that stuff you wonder why you have but can't throw away because you might need it stuff.


No comments:
Post a Comment