*Evil Creeps In:
When we had cable and Peyson woke up to PBS kids he had the alphabet and numbers down. In the month we have been in Texas without cable, he has lost a lot of that knowledge. So this week I started doing "preschool" with him again. Starting with his name, each day is a different letter. Today was Y. Apparently Y is hard to draw. After tracing a page full of y's he couldn't draw one by himself. Not even if there was one on the page already for him to look at. I could not controll my frustration and our session ended with a mom freaking out and a 4 year old in tears. UGLY! On top of that, I am supposed to speak in church next week, here is my topic: "Home can be a Heaven on Earth when we are filled with LOVE." Awesome. Ya studying is not happening today. UGLY!
*Being Fit:
Right before little sister turned one I was asked if I was pregnant. Huhu...NO! Thanks though. Still every single day I have to work hard to convince myself that I am NOT pregnant because just looking at me from the side could convince anybody otherwise. Stupid. On top of that, I can't run consistantly because I have an injury that ruins my life when I do run. Did you know a toe, a stinking TOE, can cause pain to the rest of your body? It can and it does. And so while I can't run I sit at home all day making treats and eating them all. UGLY!
*Plain and Simple:
Ugly. My face is covered in zits. I. HATE. IT. They hurt like heck. They look like heck. I feel like heck because they hurt like heck and look like heck. On top of that, I can't do much about them. I once tried and ended up mental for nearly a year. That treatment failed. I have zits and I just have to be ok with that because I have no other choice. But I am NOT ok with that because they hurt and they are ugly. UGLY!
I feel like climbing in a hole and hiding for a very long time. I hate ugly.
9 comments:
Just for the record...I think you're gorgeous and I've always thought that! But I understand, I have days like this a lot and it's hard to get out of the rut. If you figure it out, let me know! :)
O Laura, big hug coming your way. Hate those days, good thing there are better days right? We all have ugly moments with our kids... luckily they love us anyway, and get over it pretty quick. I'm with you on the "people might think I'm pregnant thing." But then it stinks worse when you start to excercise and gain weight! Good luck with it all. Love you lots!
That is one tough talk topic. (Same that 10 times fast!)
You are beautiful. Nobody sees the zits you see, as big as you see them.
Boo to injuries. Hope it doesn't hurt when you walk on it.
If you need a temple trip or a friend trip, come on down. We need to get together soon.
Hugs to you!
I'm too am sick of still looking pregnant. It also sucks that no one really sees it but us.It doesn't help living here with loads of junk :( Sounds like we both have no self control. Love you miss you and you are beautiful and a super mom even though some days you don't feel like it.
I hate ugly days! No fun. I think women are generally too critical of our own selves. Just remember that when your friends look at you we don't see the zits and other imperfections that you see, we just see a beautiful person, inside and out! Love and hugs!!
I feel ALL that. And, doesn't birth control take care of your zits? It does for me and I have awful skin-is this something you could try? Just an idea.
Its all because you have to speak in church! Evil always creeps in when that happens. My week is always awful before I have to speak in church. I hope things get better for you. I will say a little prayer for you. You are beautiful to me! I will never forget that time in Laramie when you were the only person I could count on for YW stuff.
I was blog hopping off the Pluhar blog and noticed your blog. Have you tried Zapzyt for zits? I tried everything under the sun, proactive, creams, birth control, and even some prescription meds. Non of them worked. Zapzyt gel is like 4 bucks at wal-mart. I put it on twice a day and it dried my face out, but I usually just put it on before I put on make-up and am good to go. First time in my life that I have ever been zit free and it is glorious. I realize you don't know me, but I have had days just like yours! I can't help with the rest, but you should give the gel a try :)
I finally stopped all the acne stuff and just started using plain soap and things got better but regardless I'm 29 and still regularly have zits. It bites.
Post a Comment