I would guess that everybody has a trashed car when they come out of their wedding reception. Window paint, shaving cream, balloons, cans tied to the back with string, other random crazy from the ones who get a little carried away. . .
But that trashed car signifies the beginning of the greatest happiness between two people. A new life together. Marriage.
I was driving home from the grocery store the other day when a car drove in front of me. Its back window had "just divorced" loud and proud for all to see. At first I laughed. But then I felt sad. I realize some marriages are better off ended, some people better off apart. But still, it is so sad that some marriages are better off ended and some people better off apart. It is sad that some people choose to be selfish instead of selfless. Abusive instead of gentile. Angry instead of understanding. Right instead of sensitive. Bitter instead of loving. Stubborn instead of forgiving. I am positive there are other reasons for divorce and I pray with all my heart that I never have to know the half of it. But that back window made me most sad because everybody deserves happiness. Everybody deserves to be loved and to feel love. Maybe, obviously, that driver was quite happy to be divorced, but I hope that their happiness isn't just being alone. I hope they find it again.
Then I started to think about my trashed car 7 1/2 years ago and what has become of that beginning. It's pretty awesome actually. And I am quite possibly the luckiest girl in the world. There is all sorts of crazy in my little head. But my D is beyond patient. He is the only one who asks me a bajillion times what is wrong when I am hurt or angry and bury my heart into the deepest depths of my soul. He is the only one that keeps loving me when my crazy comes around. He thinks I'm cute when I don't see it. He keeps trying when it would just be easier to give up. When I would probably give up on me. He loves me when it is least fun and most impossible. He loves me because I am me. He doesn't want anything else. And neither do I.
(Well. . .maybe that body I lived in 7 1/2 years ago. . .but that's a whole different story)
No comments:
Post a Comment