Monday, August 27, 2012

Friends Made in Heaven

You know that time frame after you move, after you have unpacked, after you are organized, after you have found your way around town, after your husband goes to work at a real job with real hours that are real yuck, after you are set in a routine that is mostly BORING?  You know. . .the time where you don't have much filling your brain and you don't have much filling your time and you and your kids are about to kill each other for lack of anything better to do?  The part where you realize you have to once again start over, making friends, finding where you fit, finding things to do that are fun for you and your kids, with people you like that your kids like too?

Ya. . .that time frame. . .it was really hard for me here in Amarillo.  I have moved all my life and for the most part I have enjoyed the newness.  Now I am just over it.  Not excited to even think about the fact that we are not done.  But here I am.  In a new town making new friends and finding that place where I feel like I have arrived.

But I think the struggle is over.  I have friends who must have been made in heaven because crazy as it is, sitting out in the heat while the kids play is just fine.  Even fun.  Therapy.  Conversation comes easily.  Awkward silence doesn't exist.  Kids are best friends.  Moms are laughing.  Perfection.  Love it.  Finally.

2 comments:

Angela S said...

Yeah! So glad you're feeling settled! It makes life a whole lot better. By the way, is there a day ya'll wanna come over? I'm thinking about 315 or so.

Angie said...

So happy for you Laura! That is great news to hear from my sweet friend who moved far too far away! We think of you often.