The next day was the last day of Derek's spring semester at UW. After his last final he stopped at the Institute and picked up some of their awesome popcorn and some soda so we could "celebrate." ;) And as soon as he got home we were off to buy a motorcycle! He road his bike to campus and on the way home he had a little fall. He got off the sidewalk to make room for some pedestrians. After they passed he tried to get back on the sidewalk but there was just enough of a lip to grab his tire and toss him. He flew over the handlebars and hit a light pole. With his head. He was out for a short time. A man found him laying on the ground and helped him up. He kept Derek talking until they could get to student health. He called me from there and nothing he said really made any sense. He gave me enough information to find him. I got there in time to watch him get his eyebrow stitched. Ewww. His sweater was blood stained and he was a little dopey. AND. . .the motorcycle was ancient history."If I can't ride a peddle bike, there is NO WAY I'm buying a motorcycle!" So we didn't.
But every time we get a little chunk of money, he starts his search. And he always finds a reason to talk himself out of it. And so we've never had a motorcycle. So it took me by surprise when he actually set up a test drive. . .and followed the guy home. . .and road away on his brand new, fun, little toy. I was for sure he would find some reason to walk away. But he didn't. . .and now the green machine is ours! Peyson boy LOVES it. Ainslee girl is scared to death! And I think it's totally HOT!

No comments:
Post a Comment