Tuesday, March 26, 2013

His First Graduation

Teaching 5 little boys is. . .always interesting.  And unless you have a passion for teaching. . .it gets really old really quick :)  As the year progressed the moms all decided we should just be DONE with preschool as soon as we finished the letter Z.  But then we thought. . .maybe they need a review of the alphabet.  Maybe we need a PARTY!  Maybe a graduation?  So naturally, my brain started turning. 
If there is going to be a graduation, we need caps.  And if we are going to have caps, we have to have diplomas.  And if we are going to have diplomas we have to have a march.  So I made some graduation caps out of painted paper bowls and yarn tassels.  I got on Picasa and created diplomas.  Then I thought. . .these diplomas need folders.  So I got together with Allyson and we created some pretty cute folders. 

The boys had review day the same day as graduation.  So we had to bribe them with party food to get them to be still long enough to have a little pomp and circumstance :)  The recording camera almost died.  The caps kept falling off.  The boys had no idea what they were doing.  And it was hilarious.  We got them to sit still just long enough for distracted pictures and then we gave up.  It was time for yummy snacks and the real issue at hand. . .PLAY TIME!  That's all they wanted to do really.  All.  Year.  Long.  And so they did. 

After a week of no preschool I definitely started to miss it.  Not so much the teaching part.  But the two hour break two times a week.  And the MOM conversation before and after drop off and pick up time.  I think Peyson is well prepared for kindergarten and pretty excited to go. 

I'm so glad we had this opportunity, because without it, we would have been insane crazy at our house.  Never mind the lack of alphabet knowledge :)  Yay for preschool.  And yay for preschool being over :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: