Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter

Some ladies from our ward put together an Easter Egg Hunt the day before Easter.  Everybody brought 20 eggs for every child they had and we all met at one of their homes.  The kids played in the back yard, while the daddies played Easter Bunny.  We waited too long to have dinner and with morning sickness I had to have dinner RIGHT NOW!  So we made a not so fast stop at McDonald's and then tried to navigate our way through the tricky neighborhood to find the hunt location.  We nearly missed it.

Ainslee had been sick for most of the day but seemed to be feeling well enough to hunt for eggs.  Peyson woke up early that morning with me to go work at the Young Women garage sale.  He was in desperate need of a nap. 

I think the pictures tell the story well :)

That night I felt too sick to stuff eggs and prepare baskets.  So I didn't.  And I didn't wake up early enough to do it before kids woke up.  So I tried to be sneaky and take all the empty eggs, the baskets, and the candy, and stuff them real quick before kids realized what I was doing.  But of course, Mr. 5 Year Old decided that NOW of all times would be a great time to come see what I was doing.  I yelled to him to GO AWAY. . .that I'd be done in a minute.  He ran away crying.  AwEsOmE!  So I finished my not so sneaky business and took them their baskets.

Here's to hoping they will soon forget the year mom ruined Easter.

It doesn't end there.  On the way home from church Peyson told me the Easter bunny wasn't real.  What?!?  Yep. . .ruined. 
He also told me that his teacher told him that the Easter bunny comes during church. 
CRAP!  He for sure did NOT come during church.  So Mr. 5 Year Old was totally convinced. . .there is no Easter bunny.  :(
I didn't know what to say, so I tried to distract him until nap time.  Nap time was when I would fix Easter and Mr. 5 Year Old's innocence.  I printed bunny pictures and made a picture trail from the kids' rooms to the back door.  I filled MORE eggs with MORE candy and laid them in the grass in the back yard.  And then I waited.  Peyson woke up soon after, but he DIDN'T see the pictures.  Ainslee woke up and FINALLY he noticed the bunnies on the wall.  They followed the trail and ran outside.  Both were gathering eggs by the armful.  Ainslee kept yelling MO MO (more more!).  Peyson went to get the baskets for their new treasure and when he came back out he said, "Mom, you were wrong!"  What was I wrong about?  I was NOT the one who said there was no Easter bunny!  Remember?!?  He said, "The Easter bunny DID come and he IS real!"  (sigh. . .)

Holidays are so not cool when you are pregnant.  But it's even more NOT COOL to forget. . .because your kids will remember!  And they will be crushed.  Don't let them be crushed!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: