Monday, August 9, 2010

Cafe Rio

So all of our Utah friends rave about Cafe Rio...tonight we tried it...

I've decided it's never a good idea to try something new when I am pregnant...it never turns out. Cafe Rio was no exception. However...I don't regularly enjoy foods that are sweet when they are supposed to be salty. The sweet pork enchilada didn't sit well with me. And maybe the texture of the tortilla was what really put an end to it.

Needless to say, we stopped at Little Caesars on the way home:) My favorite. But don't worry...it's not settling too well either. It's just a bad day for food.

Anyway, we can say we have been to Cafe Rio and I can say it's definitely not my favorite place. And since I tried it while I was pregnant, it's pretty safe to say we will not be back.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

oh that is sad! i think it would only be fair to try it again when you aren't pregnant and get a salad or burrito...WAY better!

Ryan and Lisa Applonie said...

ugh... you have to go back and try again! it really is the best thing (when your not preggo) and i agree get the salad or the burrito!

Mandy, The Mother of All Chaos said...

Yeah, but you are weird about your food hahahaha... you didn't like Napolis either and I adore that place ;0)...Mmmmm....I am sooo happy to be back around Little Caesars!

StephenEmily Stacey said...

Nooooo! Laura, you have to go back and try it again. Personally I like the chicken better than the pork and the salad is definitely the way to go. Go back once you're feeling better! You won't regret it.

SewSara said...

hey, that's fine with me ... leave more for the rest of us. :)
i just had cafe rio last night ... yum!!

Morgan said...

I heard you were pregnant! CONGRATS! GOOD LUCK WITH NUMBER 2!