Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Get Up And Do Something

For months I have been So sIcK! But today was a good day! I got up, did dishes, went for a walk on a new route and stared at all the huge, beautiful homes, did a little day dreaming for that day that will some day come, you know, the one where my student is no longer a student and all our debt is gone and...anyway, came home and did more dishes(our dishwasher doesn't want to play), ate lunch, then decided we should ride bikes. I set up the jogging stroller to my bike and after Derek's lunch break we took off. Me and Peyson. I went almost twelve blocks, felt so awesome...just bookin it. Then we turned around and holy cow...that slight incline might as well have been a mountain. The twelve blocks home took forever...might I add they are Utah blocks...HUGE! It reminded me just how out of shape I am. My throat was burning and I couldn't stop chuggin air...but it was awesome! I road a bike today!
I suppose I broke the rules. I got overheated. I did a physical activity I haven't done in over a year. That is a pregnancy no no. But you know what? It was complete mental, emotional, and physical therapy. Don't worry, I got plenty of rest, and turned the fan on high. I'm ok. In fact I'm GrEaT!

3 comments:

K.E.N said...

Hurray! I wish I had that kind of desire. Way to go you!

Heather said...

Yay!! And I was so proud of myself yesterday for going outside to play baseball with Sam. Cuz it was under 95*. You rock and I'm so glad you're feeling better.

The Gardner Family said...

Laura! I love following your blog! I'm glad you are feeling at least a little better.