Saturday, October 16, 2010

It's a Birthday Party!

Yesterday was Derek's birthday. I think it was the most fun we've ever had on our birthdays...having kids kinda requires that:) even when it's not their birthday. When I told Peyson it was daddy's birthday he said "a party? i nike a party!" So I had to plan something real quick as not to disappoint:)

It started with his fabulous wife making breakfast in bed. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, and orange juice...mmm.

We spent the morning bumming before Derek had to go to Education Day for school.

Me and Peyson went shopping while he was gone. Bought the fixings for a killer party:) Got home and rushed Peyson to bed for a nap so he wouldn't be evil the rest of the afternoon.

Made a cake...half of it fell apart. I suck and baking...even box mixes! Blew up balloons...it was more for Peyson honestly...but you know...

When Derek got home we went to the movies. We saw Despicable Me-sooo funny-a must see! Peyson loved that! Except for the part where the seat kept folding up on him. We had a little freak out before it started because his foot was caught and he couldn't get it out. He would only calm down after I let him sit on my lap. But there he stayed the whole movie. He only got shooshed once:) rude!jk

Then we went to dinner...the birthday boy's wishes...Golden Corral. I was starving, but by the time I got my food I was so sick I hardly ate anything. I think it was the sight of the raw meat on the grill as I walked by. Eww! Total waist of a meal for me. But it was fun to be there. And of course the embarrassing scene as the waiters stood and clapped and sang Happy Birthday. You are welcome:)

Then we came home and played in balloons and silly string. The best part of the night I must say. Hours of fun.



Then it was off to bed for the little bug. And Derek and I watched the movie Fighting. It was ok...good even. Not as good as it looked.

And this is what happened when Peyson asked for "cakee" this morning and I was too lazy to get up and help him:)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Derek!

Silly string is a fun idea, especially with Peyson.

Love your cute sweater!