Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What Is This About?

Today is a beautiful day...52*...and I am stuck inside...dizzy...headache...stuffy nose...sore throat...and pregnant and tired:) I just don't have the want to.

I can feel the sun coming through the window! It is so warm and cozy. Spring is on its way. I love winter because of the snow. But Logan has had a wimpy winter with very little snow...only 2 snow storms that dropped more than 6inches? Wimpy. And so I don't enjoy just cold weather. It is nice to be large and very well insulated when I would typically be freezing my toes off. But being large does not allow for much outside fun. And so we stay inside trying to be nice:) Trying not to watch too much tv. Nap time is a good break right? Yikes...yep...we watch too much tv.

Being sick has always been hard for me...all my life. Just a cold makes me look like a mummy and my permanent dwelling is on the couch. I pretty much look dead. I pretty much feel dead too. Last week I was "nesting". I had to move the treadmill so I could clean the carpets but was backed into a corner so I had no leverage. Silly girl...I put some weight into it and oops...pulled a muscle...or 7. You should see me walk. Or waddle...or limp...whatever you want to call it. I have a lot of weight to move around and no muscle strength to lift my legs. I'm sure it is quite entertaining. But man oh man it hurts so bad! Still.

I have less than 3 weeks till my due date...but anything that can get me not pregnant sounds super amazing right now. So I plan on being induced the week before. However, now that it is set in my mind and my count down is a week short...I fear it just won't happen. They won't induce unless conditions are favorable...meaning a willing body...and I am made for carrying late babies. And big ones too. So I'm crossing my fingers, hoping my little plan won't be crushed.

Peyson is really cute and I think he will be a really great big brother. I have worried a lot about that...how he will react to a strange, loud, thing moving into the spotlight...and often when I ask him if he is ready for a baby sister he replies with a very loud NOOOOOOOOOO! um...not good. But lately he has been very excited, pulling up my shirt to see the baby and learning about binkies and blankies and bottles and car seats and boppies. I think he is in love with his little baby sister Ainswee:)

Derek is doing his surgery rotation right now. One week left. It has been fun to see how he enjoys or very much dislikes each rotation. I love to see him happy to get up each morning and go do something he loves! And I hate to see him dread every morning that requires him to get up and go do something he really doesn't enjoy at all! He loves the OR! A lot! He enjoys the office with personal interaction with patients. He really loves the combination of both...but with a variety of cases...and that confirms his number one career choice...OBGYN...as of now:) It is the only one that has really kept him interested the whole 4 weeks...from my perspective.

Life is achy and tired right now...but good! Lame and boring...but good! Little focus and little motivation...but good! The house is cluttered and we eat a lot of take-out...but life is good!

1 comment:

K.E.N said...

Well, at least if you induce a week early the chances are good that the baby won't be as big...that's why I induced early and good thing too. It'll be great and Peyson will LOVE his sister, he is so loving already.