On the drive home he got out his ukulele and serenaded us for a while. It was fun.
The next morning Peyson got up super early, like always, and Skyler got up with him...they were best friends from that point on. Peyson was his shadow for the rest of the time we were there and hated that we had to go home.
One night we got out the old 45s and listened to really good music together. Air Supply, Grease, and others. It reminded me of when we were younger and dancing around the living room to "hey hey we're the monkey's...":)
Twice we did dishes together and it reminded me of when we had to be dish washing partners a long time ago. Skyler couldn't wash because he never got anything clean...and when he was the rinser he would take forever. So we had to "twist the speedy button on his back" and then he would go into hyper mode and drain all the dishes in seconds. I HATED being his partner!!! So much!!! Funny how it's a happy memory now:) His dish washing skills have improved by the way!
I loved seeing Peyson follow him around all week...and I loved even more how Skyler never got annoyed or tired of entertaining him. I loved seeing the change that happened in him in the last two years. I loved seeing how close to the Spirit he is. I loved hearing his stories and looking at pictures. And I liked the familiarity...even though he has been gone for two years, it is still Skyler that came home and jumped right into life as if he had never left.
No comments:
Post a Comment