The apple tree in our back yard produced a bazillion apples this year. A Bazillion! Our landlord, John was out picking almost every day. I don't know how many wheelbarrows full he took to the food pantry. He picked for his daughters. He made sure to send friends over to pick as well. Derek picked at least 6 bags. My friend Carlotta, and her kids came over. My mom and dad picked a ton. My brother Mikel and his wife Brooke picked a ton. And still, the tree looks full, untouched.
What exactly do you do with a bazillion apples?
Apple Pancakes
Apple Cookies
Fresh Apples for a Snack
Apple Jam (tried it. . .fail)
Applesauce
My sweet friend Andrea let me borrow her apple peeler-corer-slicer. A tool made in heaven! Peyson had lots of fun. I had lots of fun :) She also let me use her stock pot. She is pretty much amazing! I bought 12 pint jars. . .do you know the teeny tiny amount of apples it takes to fill 12 pints? So I bought 12 quart jars. And why do mason jars have to cost so much? Sheesh! Still not that many apples used. What else?
Apple Chips (tried. . .also fail. . .may attempt again)
Apple Roll Ups (on the list of things to try)
Apples out the EARS!
Although I do feel kind of accomplished as a domestic women :)
However, we still have apples. Apples apples apples. Apples!

3 comments:
I love dried apples! They are the best.
You know how jealous I am of the sentence "my friend Carlotta and her kids came over?".... ahhhhh, miss you all.
I have LOTS of pint jars if you want some! Now I only bottle in quarts so feel free to come over for pints if you want to do more. :)
Post a Comment