I just had a birthday. . .two weeks ago. 26. Still young. Quite young actually. So why do I feel so old?
My babies don't like daylight savings time. And to let me know this, they wake up at 5:30, 6:00, sometimes 6:30am ready for a new day. Peyson just turns on the tv and raids the snack cupboard. Ainslee? She stands in her crib and screams until somebody comes to her rescue. I told Derek somebody needs to invent a crib doggy door. . .with a ramp so she can just crawl on out when she feels the need. Totally safe right? Maybe? Ok maybe not. . .
So I have to go save her. And since I'm up. . .I guess I should be up. . .be productive. . .work out? Sure. Thirty minutes on the treadmill? Sure. 273 sit ups? Sure.
When my day starts out like that I am ready to take on the world. I am productive the rest of the day. It's inspiration to do it again the next day. It is hope for my clothes to fit again:) It's almost fun. . .almost.
So the end of my productive day comes to an end and a new days wake up call rings through the house. 6:00 already? What's that? Sore muscles? Why won't my eyes open? What's happening? Oh! Sleep? Why yes. Derek will hear her right? He will get up right? Hmm. Ok. Good. . .zzzzzzz!
Why do I feel so old? Why can't I just up and run 4 miles without any care? Why if I get up early one morning and exercise, am I totally dead the next? And why if I play dodge ball with the youth do I wake up feeling like I got ran over by a semi? Whew. . .lame. . .ug! I'm not old. I'm 26. 26! I'm NOT old! My body missed that memo. Ouch.
2 comments:
that dodge ball was a killer....but fun :)
Wow....that totally sounds like my mornings/days and how my body feels.... so nice to know it's not just me! :)
Post a Comment