I have moved so many times in my life, it is ridiculous! Lots of them happened when I was too small to know what was happening, some were when I couldn't care less because I had no huge attachment to what I was leaving.
When I was in 7th grade, my family lived in Laramie, Wyoming. We found out we were moving to a place called Lusk, Wyoming and I was thrilled. But I couldn't wait to leave that town after I graduated high school!
I didn't enjoy moving back to that town before I got married, but I knew it was just temporary.
We lived in a super small apartment when we first got married (in Laramie) and then decided to move across town a year later...I was so sad when we left that silly little place. Sometimes I drove by it just for the memories.
Then we moved again. Our things came to Kirksville and we went to Lyman for the summer. I miss Laramie but I am happy where I am.
Now it's time to move again and I am so SAD! I have never wanted to stay as much as I do now. I have never had so many genuinely good friends to surround myself with. I have never felt so loved by others as I do here.
Kirksville is the first place we have ever really felt the need to make friends, have friends over, frequent friends' homes, go on road trips or just hang out. Peyson has friends and asks for them often.
I don't want to move!!! In all our other moves, our house has been packed as much as it can be two months in advance. Derek always makes fun of me for it. But we are moving in a little over a month and NOTHING is boxed yet. I have dejunked a few places, and organized a few closets. But I just don't feel like getting ready for this one. Sad face! :(
3 comments:
I'm right there with you. I've never wanted to stay somewhere so badly.
It's okay Laura! I promise you'll really love Logan.
Forgot to tell you they're tearing down those old apartments finally. We happened to be driving by and saw a bull dozer sitting in our old living room. It kind of made me sad....even though I HATED that place, it was mine and Anthony's first apartment and I actually felt nostalgic. We went home and got the camera and took some photos of it...which I'll post on my blog sometime....I don't know when...
Wish you were moving back here...I miss you! But Utah is closer than Missouri and I need fudge jumbles...mine just aren't the same.
Post a Comment