Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Peyson Bug

Peyson turned 3 yesterday! Amazing. The day before he helped me make a sheet cake. We put it in the fridge so it would be easier to frost. He kept asking for cake but I told him it wasn't ready yet. That night after he went to sleep, I went to work on the cake while Derek blew up balloons to leave out on the floor. Two hours later this is what my magic worked up.I put it downstairs so he wouldn't get into it. But then that night I kept having nightmares that it was dropped or ruined somehow. It was awful. And really silly! :)

The next morning when he woke up at his usual...6:00am...he found the balloons. I was in and out of sleep since the cake decorating the night before warranted a muscle relaxer that totally knocks me out. But I heard his excitement. He saw the presents and kept asking..for me?...for me? Derek got up and made sure he was ok with his cartoons and told him he had to wait a little while. Later I awoke to "hey guys...I need my presents! Come on...I need my presents!" I had planned to let him open them throughout the day but he wanted them all. So after the first one I told him to play with it a little while and he could open another one later. He quickly put his airplanes down and said I'm done, put them down and was ready for more:) At some point he ran to the fridge and opened it and said...my cake is gone...you eat it all mom? He was really concerned! :) Then there was mail from grandmas and lots of fun with his new toys. We went to McDonalds for dinner and let him play in the play place. He made a little friend and had lots of fun. Then we came home for cake and one last gift. My, did his face light up when he saw the cake:)And finally after 3 years, he dove into his cake without being concerned about getting dirty.He did ask to wash his hands as soon as they got dirty:) Then he was ready for a shower. And right before bed, Uncle Dallin, Aunt Kyla, and Grandma Hoopes called and sang Happy Birthday! He loved it, grinning from ear to ear:)

We are really blessed with such a sweet, happy, funny little boy. Even when he isn't so charming...he is a doll and I am glad he is my little man.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

that cake is amazing girl! I need some lessons! Crazy how fast 3 years goes eh?

lauramarie said...

thanks lady:) its really easy. you find a picture on the internet and then carve it lightly with a butter knife. then you make the frosting...then you frost away. and then don't compare too harshly to the picture because it could be a little depressing:) but its ok...kids are very forgiving!

doublehphoto said...

What a cutie he is Laura! You're a pretty outstanding cake decorator too, it turned out awesome!

Stephanie said...

Peyson...three?!? Brendon said today how Henry reminded him of Peyson...you know, way back when when Peyson was 10 months old!!! Crazy!

Sad we missed Peyson's birthday party! I would have enjoyed watching him actually dig in right away (P.S. You must be a really cool mom to still let him dig in). That cake is impressive!

Happy Birthday, Peyson!