
Ainslee Marie Ewell
Born 4 March 2011 at 2:39pm
8lbs 9oz 21"
I was induced and it is the best thing ever! Because otherwise I would still be pregnant:) And she would have had too much time to get too huge:)
I got an epidural...and...it didn't work. Well...it was super picky! Worked on one side, and then the other. It was working all over until it was time to push. Then it was absolutely GONE! So I am going to say it was definitely a natural childbirth. OUCH! I pushed for maybe 15 minutes and there she was.
Derek started my IV and he scrubbed in and delivered his little lady! It was pretty awesome. Derek rotated with Dr.
Fowers so he was
completely comfortable letting Derek take the reins.
I feel amazing...but look...well...swollen. I'm not at all sore. Just really tired. And magically, my back doesn't hurt. It is so amazing! Last night I slept GREAT! Probably the first good nights sleep since before I was pregnant. It felt so good! But...the nurse came in around 5:30. They had to take little Ainslee to the
NICU. Her oxygen levels kept dipping too low so she had a chest
xray and other lab testing. Everything looks normal so they guess she is just being a little lazy. She hasn't had to work hard until now...so it's taking time to adjust. She will be on oxygen until she can breath room air and not dip too low. Then she has to stay for monitoring for 24 hours.
She is so precious and we love her to pieces!
8 comments:
Oh she is absolutely gorgeous!! LOVE all that hair. So glad you are doing well :) crappy about the epidural. It seems those are hit or miss.
That is so neat that Derek was able to deliver cute Ainslee. You have not had such good luck with epidurals. Glad she came out quickly!
Counting down till I get to hold her...3.5 weeks!
She is beautiful. So happy she is here. Enjoy that precious baby girl.
She is perfect!!! I love her name!! Congrats my dear!
Congratulations! Oh my! And she totally looks like Peyson! Way to go with the natural child birth part too-poo!
Ya!! She is way cute!! I have been induced with both of mine and I feel like it was a good thing. I know people who are so against it, so it makes me feel good to know that someone else feels the same way I do!
I am glad that your back is better now too! Enjoy!
Just dropped by to see pictures of Ainslee...again. :)
Congrats Laura and Derek! Hooray for no more back pain and for Ainslee to be here! I love the name.
Post a Comment