Sunday, March 6, 2011

There are a bazillion things that can go wrong during the process of bringing a child into the world. But you never think any of it will happen to your baby. So when our little girl had to spend some time in the NICU we didn't know what to expect. Gratefully there is nothing serious to worry about. All of her lab work is normal. She is just having a hard time keeping her oxygen levels up.
Just 12 hours after being born she was transferred to the NICU. Mommy was in incredible condition so she went home to have some snuggle time with Peyson. It definitely pulls at your heart strings to have a baby at home and a baby in the hospital. There wasn't much I could do for Ainslee, so I went home to spend some time with my buddy.
Today we spent our time learning how to be parents again:) Ainslee had to have a car seat check to make sure her oxygen levels would stay up in a different position. We were educated in CPR and car seat safety and purple crying, Ainslee had to repeat her hearing test, which she finally passed. We were set up with oxygen tanks and off for home we went.
At first Peyson was a little unsure what to think about that tiny little thing in the car seat. But when I took her out he got a little more excited. I showed him her feet and put them close to him and he backed up like they were a disease:) Though it didn't take long to finally want to hold her. He was very concerned when she cried. And he was very sad that she had bandaids on her hand and feet and legs and thought she was hurt. As soon as he saw the binky it had to go in her mouth:) We have a very very good helper on our hands!
Our family is home and all together now. Let the madness begin:)

4 comments:

The Gardner Family said...

Wow! Your little man looks more and more like his daddy everyday! I bet he seems so big now. Ainslee is beautiful! Congratulations Laura! You are a beautiful mommy with the sweetest family! :)

Anonymous said...

Laura I totally understand! I hope Ainslee is off her oxygen soon and I'm so glad she didn't have to be in the NICU for long! Congrats on your addition, she is absolutely gorgeous!

Stephanie said...

What a cute brother. Love that little (big) Payson.

Hoping and praying all goes well with Ainslee. Hope you're getting some naps in.

Mandy, The Mother of All Chaos said...

Thinking about you constantly. Thanks for the updates. I want to call but hate to the first couple of weeks because I'd HATE to call while you are sleeping!