Tuesday, March 20, 2012

We Built A Fort

Last week I was a fun mom for about 2 seconds. I usually spend a lot of time cleaning because a dirty house gives me anxiety. And when I am anxious I am a freak of a mom. So anyway...we built a fort. Kids love forts. Peyson loves to read. So we leave a small window for light to come in, or sometimes we use a flashlight, and we read. This time we made a window. We got pillows and books and snacks and drinks and got comfy.

We made it through one story before Ainslee was done. But I feel like I am always ALWAYS saying:
No Peyson, Ainslee needs this or that. You have to wait.
SO...I kept reading. Ainslee decided it would be fun to eat goldfish and then blow chunks everywhere. Especially on me. And then she started crawling all over me. OUCH! And then she was in Peyson's way. And then she was "reading" and I couldn't hear myself talking. Peyson couldn't see. Peyson couldn't hear.
The fort was now the enemy!
Sigh...
Good intentions right?

No comments: