Saturday, January 9, 2010

"EWELL (b)LOG"

Christmas this year was very busy and very fun! We went to see Grandma and Grandpa Hoopes first. Peyson played lots and lots with Uncle Dallin (who is only 5). They were great buds, kept each other busy all week. On our last night there, the day before Christmas Eve we had a knock on the door...it was our neighbor. He came to inform us that we had a chimney fire!!!! 911 was already on its way. We rushed out of the house. The guys stayed behind to do their manly thing...the women and children went to the church until it was ok to come home. Our teeny tiny town never gets emergency calls, it was evident when nearly all the emergency responders were at our house...2 fire trucks, 2 ambulance, a cop, and all the neighbors:) It ended up being no big thing...just a chimney fire.

We spent Christmas day at Grandma and Grandpa Ewell's house. It was so fun this year because Peyson was completely into it. He was opening presents and ready for the next one before he had time to even see what he got. Since we live so far away, Grandma Ewell let Peyson open birthday gifts too. He was totally spoiled.

Derek's brother got married the week after Christmas. It was so wonderful to attend their temple ceremony. My testimony of eternal families was renewed as I listened to the sealer speak to them. I remembered why we work so hard to live worthy of the blessings we can receive. I know that my family can be together forever, and I am so grateful it is so. My heart is so full of love for my husband and little boy. It brings joy to my heart to know they are mine forever.

We spent lots of time shopping and just loving each other. Nothing is better than being together all day, every day. I wish we could make a living of it. Haven't figured out where our income would generate from, but as soon as I do, it will happen. :)

We had two more short days with the Hoopes family. Kevin was home and it was fun to see him. For the first time ever, I was NOT anxious to be home doing my own thing. The break was way too short and I would have loved to be with family a little bit longer. But we are home now, back into our routine and ready for life.

No comments: