Today is my baby's birthday. Actually, he is not so much a baby anymore! He is two! I often catch myself thinking...I can't believe I am a mom! While it has been 2 years, and at times it still feels surreal, I can't remember what life was like before Peyson came into our lives. I can't imagine life without him either. I never knew how much love my heart could feel. And even when this little boy tries my patience to the max, I still feel a perfect love for him.
It took a year and a half of trying to get this little guy on the move, to agree that it was time to come to earth. It was a Tuesday morning at 4:00am when I found out. It was two days after Mother's Day, the day that Derek moved to Lyman for the summer to work, while I stayed in Laramie to work. I got up and needed to go to the bathroom and thought, what the heck...I'll just check and see...maybe this time it will happen. Much to Derek's surprise...with a text at 4 in the morning...he found out he was finally going to be a daddy...and after so many negative tests and depressing months, I could not believe it. I was finally going to be a mommy.
I remember the pain it took to get him here, I remember the recovery it took to get back to normal. I remember the many hours of lost sleep, and the never ending dirty diapers. I still have some of the extra weight it took to nurture him, yet none of it matters. The sacrifices that mothers make to have children are all more than worth it. The blessings in return make the hard times disappear. I remember the memories, but forget the struggles.
Our Heavenly Father has a wonderful way of making us forget the bad, remembering nothing but the good. I love my sweet little baby. Peyson is my life and I would not rather anything else.
Happy Birthday Bug!
2 comments:
Laura, I LOVE reading your blog! You write so well! After 5 kids I still find myself saying, "I can't believe I am a mom!" :) I'm glad that you are enjoying it so much! I'm sure you all had fun celebrating his birthday! Love you guys!
Well written. Can't wait to experience that motherly love.
With marriage I feel like my capacity to love has grown so much & I know & look forward to feeling an even greater capacity to love.
P.S. I love your "bug."
Post a Comment