Thursday, January 28, 2010

It just keeps coming :)

When you feel like you've had enough, believe me, you haven't!

Tuesday night, all of a sudden, I started to experience an immense pain in my tummy that was comparable to labor. I know I am probably, ok not probably...for sure,without a doubt, the world's biggest wimp, but still I could not stop crying. Derek was trying to make sense of it, and all he could do was watch. He kept apologizing because they had not yet been taught about anything I was experiencing in OB/GYN or Women's Health. No matter what position I tried, I could not escape the pain. Derek drugged me with the highest dose of pain meds and eventually I drifted to sleep.

The next morning I had minor lingering pain, but it was as if nothing had happened the night before. I went to the doctor that afternoon and had the oh so dreadful exam. I came to find that what I experienced was an ovarian cyst that had burst! Apparently it is very common. During the process of ovulation, follicles build up on the ovaries and most of the time they go away. Other times they form cysts, but they still go away without you even knowing. And other times cysts form and then they burst!

Not a fan of bursting cysts...but I'm ok:)

4 comments:

Morgan said...

Girl..you have had quite the tough few days. Like you need it.. sheesh. Glad you are okay!

Ash and Joe said...

oh my gosh! that is totally nuts. sounds dreadful!!!

K.E.N said...

I think we must be the same person, but different. I suffer from PCOS-poly cystic ovarian syndrome. It has many symptoms, but one of them are cysts on the ovaries that sometimes burst. I've had it happen maybe 5 times in my life and I know EXACTLY how you feel. Scary how many times I can honestly say that. The first time it happened to me I was 16 and I went to the hospital and they were going to do surgery-they thought I had appendicitis (sp?). I didn't find out until right before I was married that I had it, although I had suffered a few bursts after the first. ANYWAY, I am sorry...call me if you like and we can swap horror stories.

Kaniala, Samantha and Kai Kaha said...

ah i'm glad you're ok! those are noooooo fun at all! i get them once in awhile too, so i feel your pain!